The WWS pool is OPEN as of June 1, 2020 with a limited schedule and additional rules and procedures to balance the social needs of our community and the governance requirements needed during this unprecedented time. Things will be different this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic as we are required to adhere to specific guidelines issued by the State of Georgia. This is new territory for us all, and we appreciate your cooperation as we work through this situation together. Additionally, rules and protocols may change and evolve throughout the summer as the situation shifts, so please bear with us!
1. Pool is by advance reservation ONLY via this link
and is open only during guarded hours. There will be NO "swim at your own risk" hours.
2. Deck Capacity: At this time; 50 is the deck capacity. 8 family reservations with ~6 people per reservation.
3. Families may reserve a maximum of 3 time slots per week; one session per day. Update: If a time slot has open reservations available within 10 minutes of its start time, last-minute reservations ARE accepted and will not count toward the 3 per week limit. You MUST have a waiver previously on file to take advantage of last-minute reservations.
4. No swimming or entrance to the pool outside of your reserved time. This will constitute trespassing.
5. A signed waiver must be on file at least 24 hours in advance in order to gain entrance to the pool area.
6. Children 15 years of age or younger in the pool facility must be accompanied by an adult and cannot be left unattended
7. No guests. Given limited capacity, we are reserving the use of the pool for WWS residents in good standing with the HOA.
8. Pool will be monitored by a gate attendant in addition to the lifeguard. The gate attendant’s role is to enforce occupancy limits and social distancing.
9. There will be a break between reservations during which the guards attend to cleaning protocols.
10. All pool furniture has been removed. You may bring your own chairs.
11. Pool toys of any kind are not permitted at this time. Only personal protective flotation devices are allowed.
12. Party bookings or celebrations will not be allowed at this time.
13. Grill is off limits
14. No outside food deliveries
15. Spaces for each family with a reservation will be marked on the pool deck.
16. If you are not in the same household, you will need to maintain 6 feet (about two arms' length) between others both on deck as well as while you are in the water.
17. Please follow the gate attendant’s instructions for entrance to and exit from the pool and for use of the bathrooms.
18. For the safety of our gate attendant, face coverings are required for adults at check-in and will be encouraged on the pool deck.
19. Violations will result in immediate dismissal from the pool. Any concerns may be brought to the HOA board or WWSpool@gmail.com. Arguments with the guard or gate attendant will result in dismissal from the pool. Repeated violations or arguing with guards will result in revoking of pool privileges for remainder of the summer.
For the health and safety of everyone, we ask that you do not enter the Wildwood Springs pool area if you are displaying symptoms of COVID 19, as outlined by the CDC, or have had direct contact with someone who has tested positive. Symptoms include:
• Shortness of Breath
• Difficulty Breathing
• Muscle Pain
• Sore Throat
• New Loss of Taste or Smell
Access to pool facilities:
WWS employs a key fob to access the pool and clubhouse. This is both for safety reasons and to comply with Fulton County law. We implemented a new key fob system in 2019. If you need to have your existing fob reprogrammed for the new system, please contact Toby Vondersaar
. If you need a new fob, please use the Key Fob Request Form below.